When you visit us at 258 Genesee Street in Utica, NY, we will work with you to develop a business succession plan to ensure a smooth transition and continuation of a company upon the business owner’s death, disability, or retirement as well as the sale of a business owner’s company. With a focus on asset protection and business preservation, our key services include:
- Selection and formation of the most suitable entity for your business; corporation, partnership or limited liability company.
- Drafting and structuring an Operating/Partnership/Shareholders Agreement tailored to your business.
- Drafting and negotiating Buy-Sell Agreements to set forth the procedures upon the death, disability, or retirement of an owner, in order to provide for a smooth transition of the business in all phases to the remaining or new owner(s).
- Advice and consultation on your business’ existing structure and plan.
Having the proper business succession plan in place can protect business owners and their families, as well as employees and their families, from the impact of uncertain future events that could change, weaken or end the business.
- Selection and Formation of Suitable Entity for a Company (Limited Liability Company, Partnership, or Corporation)
- Drafting and Implementation of Note Sale in the Transfer of a Company
- Drafting or Comprehensive Review, Analysis, and Updating of existing Buy-Sell Agreements
- Transfers of ownership interests in a Company to an Intentionally Defective Grantor Trust as part of the
- Implementation of a Wealth Preservation Plan
- Drafting or Comprehensive Review, Analysis and Updating of existing Operating, Partnership, or Shareholders Agreement
- Consult and/or Review the funding of a Buy-Sell Agreement, including Analysis of the proper Insurance Coverage (Life, Disability, Key Man or other insurance coverage) for Business Owners
- Implementation, Review, and Updating of Business Succession Plans
- Consult and/or Review Tax and Financial Planning