DIGIORGIO LAW FIRM, PLLC ESTATE PLANNING NEWSLETTER
Volume 3, Issue 2 April 1, 2020
The DiGiorgio Law Firm, PLLC specializes in providing estate planning and elder law services to our clients, their families and their family owned businesses.
The legal services offered by DiGiorgio Law Firm, PLLC include, *Wills and Trusts, *Estate and Tax Planning, *IRS Audits & Appeals, *Long Term Care Planning *Medicaid Eligibility Planning, Medicaid Recertification & Appeals, *Probate Administration, *Elder Law, *Special Needs Planning, *Guardianship Applications, *Asset Protection Planning, *Business Entity Formation, *Business Succession Planning, *Buy-Sell Agreements, and *Real Estate Closings.
In this issue of the DiGiorgio Law Firm, PLLC Estate Planning Newsletter I am reaching out to my clients and other friends of the firm to let you know that I am here as a resource for you during this time of crisis. The Covid-19 Pandemic and the “social distancing” that has come with it has left many isolated and short of the resources they need to manage their daily lives.
Social distancing is a necessary safety precaution during these trying times, but that does not mean you need to go without the legal advice you need to maintain the personal and financial security you and your loved ones need.
Although in person meetings should be kept to a minimum, we are still available for consultations during regular business hours and would be happy to consult with you in any of the following ways:
- Via Skype,
- Telephone consultations;
- Email exchanges; and
- Any other form of remote consultation mutually agreed upon.
- During the current crisis we are offering our new and existing clients teleconference and video options for meetings, guided document executions and video notarizations as needed.
Although I am available for consultation on any of the legal services offered by my firm, the following is a list of consultation topics that may be of particular interest during this public health crisis:
- The legal tools available to meet the health care and financial needs of the elderly, the disabled, loved ones with special needs and minors;
- Accessing Home Care;
- Health Care Proxies & what they should and should not be used for;
- Powers of Attorney & what they should and should not be used for;
- Medicaid Eligibility for home care or institutional care;
- Accessing Trust Assets to provide financial relief for yourself or your loved ones;
- Establishing Revocable Trusts to avoid probate and ensure the time and cost efficient distribution of your estate.
To learn more about steps you can take to protect assets for yourself and your loved ones call us to schedule a consultation today.
Have you updated your estate plan lately? Keep up with the changing times and let us provide you with a review of your current estate plan to see if it has kept up with changes in the law and your lifestyle.
Client Workshops: All of our previously scheduled in person client workshops on Long Term Care, Estate Planning and Probate Avoidance have been postponed until the Covid-19 Crisis has abated and restrictions on public gatherings have been lifted.
However, as noted above, I would be happy to make myself available for individual consultations via, Skype, Email or Phone on any of those topics during regular business hours.